Hurricane Ida Recovery Initiative
In the aftermath of Hurricane Ida, the City Bar Justice Center launched the “Hurricane Ida Recovery Initiative” to provide FREE legal assistance to New Yorkers in need. We are developing services and resources on an ongoing basis to address unmet legal needs of New Yorkers that were affected by the storm. See below for a list of current resources available.
• Steps to Replace Important Documents After a Natural Disaster
• Ida Recovery Webinar: Navigating Insurance Claims After the Hurricane (Watch | Download Slides)
• Hurricane Ida, Now What? Answers to 5 Frequently Asked Questions for New York Renters (English | Spanish)
Need help? If you have a Hurricane Ida-related question, please contact our Legal Hotline by completing an online application or call 212-626-7383. The Legal Hotline offers legal information, advice, referrals, and in some instances, brief services, to New Yorkers of limited income. Our staff includes bilingual attorneys who speak English and Spanish, and we can accept calls in any language through interpreting services.
• LawHelpNY Hurricane Ida Resource Center
• FEMA Appeals Tool: The FEMA appeals interactive tool allows survivors to generate an appeal letter to FEMA if they have been denied aid or would like to appeal the aid awarded. General FAQs about the FEMA appeals process are available here.
This communication is for the general education and knowledge of our readers. Because all legal problems involve their own specific set of facts, this informational resource is not and should not be used as a substitute for independent legal advice. This informational resource also is not intended to create, and its receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Please contact competent, independent legal counsel for an assessment of your particular legal concerns, or contact our Legal Hotline (212.626.7383 or https://www.citybarjusticecenter.org/legal-hotline/) to determine whether you qualify for assistance from the City Bar Justice Center.